Enough is enough. I was planning to hold all bedroom upgrades until we refinished the floors and destroyed the drop ceiling, but those things aren't going to happen in the near future and the room's current state is really bumming me out.
So, I'm moving forward with some minor updates that should have noticeable impact.
The road map:
- Benjamin Moore Lacey Pearl (matte) - Walls
- Benjamin Moore Simply White (satin) - Trim
- Benjamin Moore Soot (matte) - Doors
- Eyeball Sconces in Bronze (Urban Outfitters) - Bedside
- Lack Wall Shelf (Ikea) - Bedside, replacing night stands
- Staggered Glass Sconce (West Elm) - To replace current fixture
- SKOGSKLÖVER Roller Blind (Ikea)
- American Buffalo Print (I've been threatening to hang this for years)
- FLÅDIS Basket (Ikea) - For the bedside to house those random cords and articles of clothing that never find a proper home.
- Woven Wall Hanging - There are some DIYs for these floating around, but I should probably just bite the bullet and purchase one. One that has a price point much lower than what is pictured here.
- Invisible Book Shelf - I'm having a hard time finding anyone who still carries the Bruno Rainaldi Sapien Bookcase or a version of it that I like. If you're in the know, please get in touch!
Looking at my "road map", it's clear some pops of color are in order. I gave myself a tight deadline on this one and detailed a project plan in Excel, so I should have some results to share with you soon.